So we have been gearing up with all things strawberry recently. Now I entirely adore all the strawberry desserts, like love them. This Strawberry Pie is one of my favorites ever.
My family is immense pie lovers and when we talk about strawberry pie they gobble it right up. You can verify out another version of one of our favorite ones with this Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie recipe we make often.
We like to select strawberries in the summer and freeze them for later use in things such as smoothies, crisps/cobblers and milkshakes.
Now the key to this recipe being so awesome is that it uses Strawberry Jello. Yes, jello. If you are into old-school recipes then this one might be a familiar one for you.
That sounds super easy right? Well it’s for the reason that it is. We like to use a frozen or refrigerated pie crust for the reason that it generates things just a small more basic around here, but you can literally make your own for this recipe.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED:
- Pie Crust – refrigerated, frozen or homemade
- Strawberry jello
- Whipped cream
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY PIE:
- Bake pie crust according to package directions, remove from oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile in large saucepan add sugar and water and heat over medium heat, slowly whisk in your cornstarch to incorporate well to make sure you don’t have any lumps.
- Stir continuously for about 4-5 minutes until the mixture thickens and turns a little clear.
- Remove from heat and whisk in your strawberry jello until completely dissolved, let cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled add in your strawberries and toss to coat evenly then pour into prepared pie crust.
- Place in refrigerator to set for about 2-3 hours.
- Dollop with whipped cream if desired.
See, how easy is this recipe?!?!? directly we live off easy recipes around our house, and if you have been a reader for any length of time the hardest recipe you will possibly see on my site is a couple of of my cakes.
But I love myself a good cake, so I cant shy away from making a small longer recipe when we talk about them, for the reason that cake is life. But I guess I can argue that with this Strawberry Pie recipe additionally.